Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Super Hero Kinda Day



There are numerous others I would have chosen, yet He chose me. He prepared this work beforehand that I should walk in it. I feel like I have to defend myself. I feel it necessary to prove not only my ability (which I can’t even convince myself of, let alone those questioning), but the very calling. “Do you have a degree? Have you done this before? What are your qualifications?” My qualification is my calling. Period.  

For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called. But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, that no flesh should glory in His presence. 1 Corinthians 1:26-29

Wise? Mighty? Noble? Not many, and surely not me. Foolish? Weak? Absolutely.

“How do you spell mousse? Like the dessert??” Day one and I’m thrown by a simple word. “Hmmmmm, how about you choose another word.” Yep, I really said that. And no, it wasn’t the end of the world. She chose ‘pudding’ instead, and I can spell that, and class proceeded, and no one died.

Foolish. Weak.

Whom shall I send? Who will go for Me? Pick me! Pick me! If the qualifications are inadequate, unable, under qualified, insufficient, incompetent, defective, imperfect, foolish, and weak, I’m the woman for the job! If He’s looking for someone who can’t glorify in themselves, He’s to look no further!


Wait- to attend as a servant; to supply the wants of.

Yes, Lord! Here I am! Choose me! I desire nothing more, nothing less, than to attend to You as a servant.  And I need nothing other than to be strengthened by the God who shall supply all my need.

And the last shall be first and the first shall be last and this upside-down kingdom makes no sense at all except that when He puts the desire in your heart and calls you to a calling above all you ever dreamed, you are filled with unexplained excitement, joy, and peace, and abilities not your own. I feel like super woman! Maybe I shall wear a cape to class. Jump out of a phone booth! Do they even make phone booths anymore? Today I will be Mrs. S! Super StephanieJ



Will you be a super hero with me?  

Follow me on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will you leave some of yourself here? Converse with a community of readers and writers and lovers of Jesus.