Thursday, February 16, 2012

Abortion


Abortion.   Pro-life.   Pro-choice.

These words stir up so many emotions. Do you feel it? Is that passion growing within as you look at those three words? Most people, Christians and non-Christians, religious and non-religious, have strong feelings about this issue. As you may expect, pictures like the one below (posted on Facebook by a Pro-life group known for their controversial anti-abortion 180 Movie) receive heaps of responses both agreeing and disagreeing with the image.
Click here to view this picture on Facebook.
At this moment, it has gained over 350 comments- some in favor and, of course, some against the opinions and ideas of Pro-life thinking. As many of you probably know, I’m against abortion; I’m Pro-life all the way. No, I’ve never chosen the path of abortion myself, although it was strongly presented to me at the age of 18 when I became pregnant with my now 14 year old. I have not walked the path of abortion that so many have.  However, one commenter has, and it is her story I want to share with you today. Her name is Christina, and this is her powerful response, word for word, to another commenter named Michelle. Christina shares HOPE. HOPE. Not only for those considering abortion, but for those living day after day with the consequences of an irrevocable choice; A permanent choice that cannot be changed- the choice to terminate a pregnancy and kill an unborn child- the choice of abortion.

“Sorry u feel that way Michelle-I was raped, by two men, tortured and burned and got pregnant. I decided against abortion because it wasn't the baby fault, he didn't ask to be born. I did however, decide on adoption and I can tell u that baby is now 24 years old, he loves the Lord and is a wonderful musician and has just released his first album.y is now 24 years old, he loves the Lord and is a wonderful musician and has just released his first album. He has wonderful parents whom I was able to choose for him they couldn't have children of their own and he was very wanted and loved. Today, we have a good relationship and I am getting to know him and his wife of just under a year. God can take something that satan meant for harm and turn it around and use it to glorify His name as well as, giving that baby a good life. On the flip side of things, I had an abortion after my drug addicted husband decided that drugs were more important than our family-we split up because I wasn't going to raise my two children in that kind of envioronment and I also found out that he had gotten another woman pregnant-so when I found out that I was going to have another baby with this person that was still my husband, I got angry put God in the back seat and told him since I was going to be a single parent and was trying my best to support my two kids that I was not going to have another baby to take care of by myself. So I did it and afterwards I realized that I had taken an innocent life and that I didn't deserve to live but my gracious Heavenly Father forgave me of my sin(because taking an innocent human life is a sin)and he brought me back from the brink of suicide. I still think on my children, who are now grown and the little brother or sister that they would of had and I know that he or she is in heaven with my Lord and I'll have the chance someday to see that child. It not just that simple Michelle to have an abortion and get back to business as usual it rips u up inside down to ur very soul and thank God he's there to pick up the pieces otherwise I know I wouldn't be here right now telling u this. When ur thinkiing about having an abortion it's not one life at stake, it's two because you'll never be the same again if you don't have Jesus to forgive and help make it right. To many women in this world resort to suicide because they can't handle what they've done. I thank Jesus everyday that He died on the cross for my sins and thru His shed blood He washed away my sins and has given me another chance. He's made my life new again. I'm truly sorry u feel the way u do, but u don't have to. I believe that God takes abortion personally because He loves each an He has wonderful parents whom I was able to choose for him they couldn’t have children of their own and he was very wanted and loved. Today, we have a good relationship and I am getting to know him and his wife of just under a year. God can take something that satan meant for harm and turn it around and use it to glorify His name as well as, giving that baby a good life. On the flip side of things, I had an abortion after my drug addicted husband decided that drugs were more important than our family- we split up because I wasn’t going to raise my two children in that kind of environment and I also found that he had gotten another woman pregnant- so when I found out that I was going to have another baby with this person that was still my husband, I got angry put God in the back seat and told him since I was going to be a single parent and was trying my best to support my two kids that I was not going to have another baby to take care of by myself. So I did it and afterwards realized that I had taken an innocent life and that I didn’t deserve to live but my gracious Heavenly Father forgave me of my sin(because taking an innocent human life is a sin) and he brought me back from the brink of suicide. I still think on my children, who are now grown and the little brother or sister that they would have had and I know that he or she is in heaven with my Lord and I’ll have the chance someday to see that child. It not just that simple Michelle to have an abortion and get back to business as usual it rips u up inside down to ur very soul and thank God he’s there to pick up the pieces otherwise I know I wouldn’t be here right now telling u this. When ur thinkiing about having an abortion it’s not one life at stake, it’s two because you’ll never be the same again if you don’t have Jesus to forgive and help make it right. To many women in this world resort to suicide because they can’t handle what they’ve done. I thank Jesus everyday that He died on the cross for my sins and thru His shed blood He washed away my sins and has given me another chance. He’s made my life new again. I’m truly sorry u feel the way u do, but u don’t have to. I believe that God takes abortion personally because He loves each and every one of us.” ~Christina

Are you facing the idea of abortion? Are you struggling to  get back to business as usual,”  but finding life impossible because of your past decision for abortion? Christina shares a HOPE that she has received from Jesus Christ. This HOPE is avaliable to you today whether you are considering abortion, or suffering the consequences of abortion. Do you need some HOPE?

When ur thinkiing about having an abortion it’s not one life at stake, it’s two because you’ll never be the same again if you don’t have Jesus to forgive and help make it right.”

For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.



Like my Facebook page for regular updates.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Will you leave some of yourself here? Converse with a community of readers and writers and lovers of Jesus.