Tuesday, February 14, 2012

LOVE

I speak with tongues of angels
I share a prophecy
My faith is moving mountains
I know His sovereignty

I understand all mysteries
The things concealed from sight
I give my all to those without
I pray throughout the night

My works are in the name of Christ
I labor for His sake
My patience is enduring
I expose those not awake

I persevere for Him alone
I know by heart His word
I keep the letter of the Law
His precepts I have heard

And then He speaks those words to me
The truth I ought to heed
He whispers and convicts my heart
He knows just what I need 

“You’ve labored and you’ve toiled
You’ve worked your life throughout
You’ve countered those against Me
My work you’ve been about”

“I know the places you have gone
I’ve heard your countless prayers
I know the thoughts you think my dear
I know your every hair”

“Your prophecies will fail
Your tongues will cease to be
Your knowledge, it will vanish
You are nothing without Me”

“Remember from where you’ve fallen
And set your eyes above
The thing you have forgotten
Is Me, your first LOVE”




This Valentine’s Day, let’s remember who LOVE is. GOD IS LOVE and He is all we need. Let’s check our hearts, examine our works, and cling to our first LOVE, Jesus Christ. If you’ve forgotten your first LOVE, repent and do the first works. Let’s imitate Him, and walk in LOVE.



Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil, does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.    1 Corinthians 13:4-8a

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY  ~From the Wafers

Like my Facebook page for regular updates.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh! I don't know what I did, but somehow (obviously) I removed your comment. So sorry :(
      So glad you stopped by!

      Delete
    2. Well, I won't take it personally. Sniff. ;^) Just checking in again and saying HI! Have a great weekend!

      Delete

Will you leave some of yourself here? Converse with a community of readers and writers and lovers of Jesus.