Saturday, July 28, 2012


DIYMason Jar Detergent Dispenser

Yesterday I walked you through the step by step process of making your very own Homemade Dishwasher Detergent! I broke down the cost revealing an unbeatable price tag of $2.23 a batch and only 03¢-05¢ a load. Today I’m going to show you a simple way to create a stylish, yet useful Mason Jar Dispenser for your new Homemade Dishwasher Detergent!

Materials Needed
Mason jar with lid
Morton Salt container
Cutting board & Cutting Utensil
Writing utensil and glue
A piece of decorative paper
1. Use your cutting utensil to remove the top of the salt container.

2. Place your Mason jar lid (not the ring) on your salt container’s top and draw around the lid.

3. Use your cutting utensil to cut along the circle you’ve drawn.

4. Next, take your piece of decorative paper (this is a piece of wrapping paper I had purchased at the Dollar Tree a while back) and draw around your cut out salt container top.

5. Cut out the circle you've drawn on your decorative paper. Place your salt container top ON your already cut decorative paper circle and trace along the inside of the salt container top’s opening.


6. Using your cutting utensil, cut along the lines you traced.

7. Gently remove the metal piece from your salt container’s top. Don’t break any parts because you are going to need them :)

8. Glue your decorative paper circle onto your salt container top and reattach metal piece.

9. Place your new decorative lid into your Mason Jar ring.

10. Enjoy your creative and stylish Mason Jar Detergent Dispenser!
Clear as mud????

Pretty sure I can come up with 100 uses for this kind of dispenser. And again, it cost me NOTHING because I already had everything on hand! I am loving these simple projects! Let me know how yours turn out! AND I’d love to see pictures! You can post them on my Facebook page here!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Will you leave some of yourself here? Converse with a community of readers and writers and lovers of Jesus.